First of all, we believe that comfort starts when you walk in the front door! Our staff’s main goal is to make the experience at Carter Sledge Family Dentistry a positive and easy one for our patients. We believe a smiling face and helpful attitude will go a long way! Besides our general commitment to making your experience here positive, we have several creature comforts that we think will make your experience with us more pleasant.
- Cozy blankets for a little extra comfort during your treatment
- Neck pillows, if desired
- Ergonomically designed, plush dental chairs with your comfort in mind
- Kentwood filtered water at your request
In addition to our “little extras” when it comes to comfort, we offer up-to-the-minute technologies here at Carter Sledge Family Dentistry. Whether you are here for a full smile makeover, a consult, or just a regular cleaning, you can benefit from these technologies.
- Diagnodent laser—a painless instrument to help detect cavities while they are still small, before becoming painful or expensive to fill.
- Diode laser—an advanced laser used for gum lifts and contouring, as well as minor gum surgeries.
- CEREC/CAD-CAM—a milling unit and technology used to make same-day crowns. No more temporaries or messy impressions. In most cases, you can go home with your final crown after just one visit.
- Digital xrays—up to 90% less radiation than dental xrays of the past.
- Digital photography—advanced digital camera used to help us assess and treatment plan to achieve your most beautiful smile.
- Intraoral camera—a small camera made specifically for the interior of the mouth that can take pictures of cracks, decay, and other single tooth issues so that you can see with the “dentist’s eyes.”
- Ultrasonic scalers—special instrument that uses ultrasonic vibrations to literally blast away any tartar or calculus you may have.
- Paperless front office—we are committed to being GREEN at Carter Sledge Family Dentistry, and being paperless (all files on computer hard drive) is one way we feel we can give back to the environment.